cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* [cip-dev] [cip-core] Update PDP to 3.0 (was: RE: [cip-core] Package Proposal #1 (Security packages))
@ 2019-12-24 13:03 kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2019-12-24 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Jan, Kent, and all CIP core members,

> Anyway, I will create and share a sample of proposal.yml with the flat package set,
> please review that and confirm if it matches your opinion of the "CIP maintained packages".

I would like to confirm that the following solution can satisfy our requirements.

Examples:
* proposal*.yml: The package proposal file that a proposer is creating using "generate-proposal.py"
* pkglist_buster.yml: Existing "supported" package list, that was created/updated before
(See the attached files. All information except "bin_pkgs" are dropped to simplify.)

Solution:
0. Use the same YML format as Kent's proposal (Don't change the current YML format)
1. Add a new script "check-deps.py" to check if binary packages in "depends:" are included in
   either "proposal.yml" or "pkglist_buster.yml"
2. "generate-proposal.py" runs "check-deps.py" at the end and proposer needs to
   add more packages to "proposal.yml" if unmet dependencies are reported by "check-deps.py"
3. The proposer can request the package proposal only if "check-deps.py" reports nothing

In the attached examples, the initial proposal "proposal1.yml" has an unmet dependency (= lsb-base).
"check-deps.py" reports this then the proposer add "lsb-base" source package and binary package
to the second proposal "proposal2.yml", which satisfies all run-time dependencies
so can be proposed to cip-dev.

What do you think?
If OK, we will update the scripts in https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist
based on the above solution.

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-01-08 11:34 ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-01-08 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello CIP core members,

If you have any objections about the following approach,
please let me know *by the next IRC meeting (on Jan 9th)*.

We are already updating cip-pkglist based on the following approach and
will create the new "proposal.yml" for the security packages ASAP.

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-01-09 12:05   ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-01-09 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello,

PDP and the helper scripts have been updated to 3.0.

* Add a rule to satisfy all run-time dependencies for the proposed binary packages
  https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/commit/6867b5b41bcf618d4be3955f302df8dbb3114050#c284394f3826d472fb70f72e2ef4ef9fe9606660_80_78
* Add a script (check_deps.py) to check the dependencies
* (Minor update): Caching CVE and apt data to reduce the initialization time of generate-proposal.py

Kent, Dinesh,

Could you try the updated script to create a new proposal
including the origin 21 security packages + their dependencies?

Please let me know if you find some issues.

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-01-10  4:08     ` Kento Yoshida
From: Kento Yoshida @ 2020-01-10  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

>Could you try the updated script to create a new proposal including the origin 21
>security packages + their dependencies?

Sure. Now, the security working group is re-checking the proposed packages and their dependency.
Actually, our original proposal consisted of a non-well-maintained package.
In addition, as Jan mentioned, there was also waste such as both python 2.7 and 3 are included.
We are preparing a proposal without these defect.

Best regards,
Kent

@ 2020-01-14  4:26       ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2020-01-14  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Kent, Dinesh,

Here is a minor update of generate-proposal.py:
"-a" option is newly supported to append packages to the existing proposal file.
$ ./generate-proposal.py -a existing-proposal.yml

It may be useful when users want to restart creating proposal from an existing incomplete file,
or append several packages to an existing proposal file which another person created, etc.

PDP revision is updated to 3.1, but all functions are compatible with 3.0.
If a same source package is appended by -a option, the old proposal information
in the existing-proposal will be overwritten.

Please try if you need :)

Best regards,
Kazu

@ 2020-01-14  5:07         ` Kento Yoshida
From: Kento Yoshida @ 2020-01-14  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

>Please try if you need :)
It's convenience for us. Thank you.

The security working group will have a bi-weekly meeting tomorrow, and we'll decide the packages that are proposed as the proposal of this time.
I'll create the proposal using the following option after that meeting.

Kent