cocci.inria.fr archive mirror
* [cocci] Further adjustments for pretty-printing (with SmPL)?
@ 2024-03-29  9:45 Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2024-03-29  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

Hello,

I tend to prefer script variants for the semantic patch language
which specify only required changes.
Thus I would like to avoid SmPL code which expresses the deletion of additional
source code so that it can be readded almost at the same place.

This desire can occasionally trigger a questionable “side effect”.
The adjusted source code became intentionally shorter.
But the affected code might still be distributed over multiple lines
like it can often happen with argument lists for function (or macro) calls.
I noticed then that pretty-printing concerns can become more relevant.

* Reduction of indentation

* Reconsideration for the layout of involved parameter (or expression) lists

How will corresponding improvement possibilities evolve?

Regards,
Markus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-03-29  9:46 UTC | newest]