cocci.inria.fr archive mirror
* [Cocci] How does the "when" statement work?
@ 2019-05-29 19:57 Timur Tabi
From: Timur Tabi @ 2019-05-29 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cocci

I have a feeling that I can use the "when" statement for what I'm
trying to do in Coccinelle, but I can't figure out how it works.  I
can't find in the documentation where "when" is actually explained.
It appears that it's supposed to be documented here:

http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/docs/main_grammar005.html#when_code

but it isn't.

* Re: [Cocci] How does the "when" statement work?
@ 2019-05-30 12:04 ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-05-30 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timur Tabi; +Cc: cocci

> I have a feeling that I can use the "when" statement for what I'm
> trying to do in Coccinelle,

Would you like to tell a bit more about your next software transformation needs?

> but I can't figure out how it works.

Can any information from previous discussions around SmPL code exclusion
specifications help here?

> I can't find in the documentation where "when" is actually explained.

I hope also that the software documentation can be improved further together
with more development resources.

Regards,
Markus