cti-tac.lists.linuxfoundation.org archive mirror
* Testing LF BBB instance for GTI TAC meetings.
@ 2022-11-29 22:08 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-11-29 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gti-tac, Konstantin Ryabitsev

I want to extend a big thank you to the LF IT team for moving
forward and setting up a BBB instance that we can try using for
the GTI meetings.

The previous GTI TAC meeting was hosted by me using 8x8's Meet
hosting service (hosted Jitsi). We had discussed using BBB since
it is well supported and is empirically more compatible than Jitsi.

The BBB instance is here:
https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org

The GTI TAC room is here:
https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-iuc-px7-mk1

At least two of you tested an earlier BBB instance, and this new
instance has been upgraded and updated to avoid previous issues.

I will be looking for volunteers to test out the BBB instance :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Testing LF BBB instance for GTI TAC meetings.
@ 2022-11-30 18:11 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-11-30 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: gti-tac

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 05:08:24PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> I want to extend a big thank you to the LF IT team for moving
> forward and setting up a BBB instance that we can try using for
> the GTI meetings.
>
> The previous GTI TAC meeting was hosted by me using 8x8's Meet
> hosting service (hosted Jitsi). We had discussed using BBB since
> it is well supported and is empirically more compatible than Jitsi.
>
> The BBB instance is here:
> https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org
>
> The GTI TAC room is here:
> https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-iuc-px7-mk1
>
> At least two of you tested an earlier BBB instance, and this new
> instance has been upgraded and updated to avoid previous issues.
>
> I will be looking for volunteers to test out the BBB instance :-)

FYI, the hosting provider is doing some backend work today to complete the
move, so please don't be alarmed if you get an error in the next few hours.

-K

* Re: Testing LF BBB instance for GTI TAC meetings.
@ 2022-11-30 18:25   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-11-30 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: gti-tac

On 11/30/22 13:11, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 05:08:24PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> I want to extend a big thank you to the LF IT team for moving
>> forward and setting up a BBB instance that we can try using for
>> the GTI meetings.
>>
>> The previous GTI TAC meeting was hosted by me using 8x8's Meet
>> hosting service (hosted Jitsi). We had discussed using BBB since
>> it is well supported and is empirically more compatible than Jitsi.
>>
>> The BBB instance is here:
>> https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org
>>
>> The GTI TAC room is here:
>> https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-iuc-px7-mk1
>>
>> At least two of you tested an earlier BBB instance, and this new
>> instance has been upgraded and updated to avoid previous issues.
>>
>> I will be looking for volunteers to test out the BBB instance :-)
>
> FYI, the hosting provider is doing some backend work today to complete the
> move, so please don't be alarmed if you get an error in the next few hours.

Thank you for the update.

We'll test tomorrow to give them time to complete the move.

--

@ 2022-12-02 16:00     ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2022-12-02 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: gti-tac

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 01:25:05PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > FYI, the hosting provider is doing some backend work today to complete the
> > move, so please don't be alarmed if you get an error in the next few hours.
>
> Thank you for the update.
>
> We'll test tomorrow to give them time to complete the move.

Carlos:

We ran a couple of actual meetings in it yesterday for testing purposes and it
worked really well. Please let me know how your tests go.

-Konstantin

* Re: Testing LF BBB instance for GTI TAC meetings.
@ 2022-12-02 16:31       ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-12-02 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: gti-tac

On 12/2/22 11:00, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 01:25:05PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> FYI, the hosting provider is doing some backend work today to complete the
>>> move, so please don't be alarmed if you get an error in the next few hours.
>>
>> Thank you for the update.
>>
>> We'll test tomorrow to give them time to complete the move.
>
> Carlos:
>
> We ran a couple of actual meetings in it yesterday for testing purposes and it
> worked really well. Please let me know how your tests go.

Thanks for reaching out! I was about to email you about our test yesterday.

The audio worked perfectly. The video was stalled for all three participants.

We tried a combination of firefox and chrome an still had video issues.

The video in BBB is via a distinct channel, and so perhaps the Red Hat VPN
impacts that, and all three callers were on the VPN. I'll have to try this
again without the VPN.

We are going to try hold a bigger meeting test things out. Video is the
one thing we think we can live without being perfect :-) Audio is critical
and it works.

--

@ 2022-12-02 16:46         ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2022-12-02 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell, Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: gti-tac

On 2022-12-02 11:31, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

>>> Thank you for the update.
>>>
>>> We'll test tomorrow to give them time to complete the move.
>>
>> Carlos:
>>
>> We ran a couple of actual meetings in it yesterday for testing purposes and it
>> worked really well. Please let me know how your tests go.
>
> Thanks for reaching out! I was about to email you about our test yesterday.
>
> The audio worked perfectly. The video was stalled for all three participants.
>
> We tried a combination of firefox and chrome an still had video issues.
>
> The video in BBB is via a distinct channel, and so perhaps the Red Hat VPN
> impacts that, and all three callers were on the VPN. I'll have to try this
> again without the VPN.
>
> We are going to try hold a bigger meeting test things out. Video is the
> one thing we think we can live without being perfect :-) Audio is critical
> and it works.

Lets host Monday's glibc patch review meeting on this bridge and see how
it works.

Sid