kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Reminder: 4 active syzbot reports in kvm subsystem
@ 2019-09-19  5:27 Eric Biggers
From: Eric Biggers @ 2019-09-19  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm, Paolo Bonzini, Radim Krčmář; +Cc: syzkaller-bugs

[This email was generated by a script.  Let me know if you have any suggestions
to make it better, or if you want it re-generated with the latest status.]

Of the syzbot reports that have (re-)occurred in the last 7 days, I've manually
marked 4 of them as possibly being bugs in the kvm subsystem.  I've listed these
bug reports below.

Of these 4 reports, 1 was bisected to a commit from the following person:

	Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>

I've manually checked that this bisection result looks plausible.

If you believe a bug is no longer valid, please close it by sending a '#syz
fix', '#syz dup', or '#syz invalid' command in reply to the original thread, as
explained at https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status

If you believe I misattributed a bug to the kvm subsystem, please let me know
and (if possible) forward it to the correct place.

Note: in total, I've actually assigned 25 open syzbot reports to this subsystem.
But to help focus people's efforts, I've only listed the 4 that have
(re-)occurred in the last week.  Let me know if you want the full list.

Here are the bug reports:

Title:              WARNING in kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run (3)
Last occurred:      0 days ago
Reported:           539 days ago
Branches:           Mainline and others
Dashboard link:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=4d7de0e6a195b6a5ffef01d2776e737a52c7de60
Original thread:    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/000000000000d05a78056873bc47@google.com/T/#u

This bug has a C reproducer.

syzbot has bisected this bug, but I think the bisection result is incorrect.

The original thread for this bug received 1 reply, 539 days ago.

If you fix this bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
    Reported-by: syzbot+760a73552f47a8cd0fd9@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

If you send any email or patch for this bug, please consider replying to the
original thread.  For the git send-email command to use, or tips on how to reply
if the thread isn't in your mailbox, see the "Reply instructions" at
https://lore.kernel.org/r/000000000000d05a78056873bc47@google.com

Title:              WARNING in handle_desc
Last occurred:      2 days ago
Reported:           7 days ago
Branches:           Mainline and others
Dashboard link:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=9c858961f9778373a41ec7636352e378296c2dba
Original thread:    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/000000000000af123405924cff2c@google.com/T/#u

This bug has a C reproducer.

This bug was bisected to:

		commit 0367f205a3b7c0efe774634eef1f4697c79a4132
		Author: Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>
		Date:   Tue Jul 12 08:44:55 2016 +0000

		  KVM: vmx: add support for emulating UMIP

No one has replied to the original thread for this bug yet.

If you fix this bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
    Reported-by: syzbot+0f1819555fbdce992df9@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

If you send any email or patch for this bug, please reply to the original
thread.  For the git send-email command to use, or tips on how to reply if the
thread isn't in your mailbox, see the "Reply instructions" at
https://lore.kernel.org/r/000000000000af123405924cff2c@google.com

Title:              general protection fault in __apic_accept_irq
Last occurred:      1 day ago
Reported:           13 days ago
Branches:           Mainline and others
Dashboard link:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=85fb9ce5c7bd3f31a84a8d55a745959e39836bda
Original thread:    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/000000000000e3072b0591ca1937@google.com/T/#u

This bug has a C reproducer.

syzbot has bisected this bug, but I think the bisection result is incorrect.

The original thread for this bug has received 3 replies; the last was 13 days
ago.

If you fix this bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
    Reported-by: syzbot+dff25ee91f0c7d5c1695@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

If you send any email or patch for this bug, please reply to the original
thread, which had activity only 13 days ago.  For the git send-email command to
use, or tips on how to reply if the thread isn't in your mailbox, see the "Reply
instructions" at https://lore.kernel.org/r/000000000000e3072b0591ca1937@google.com

Title:              INFO: rcu detected stall in __do_softirq
Last occurred:      3 days ago
Reported:           44 days ago
Branches:           Mainline and others
Dashboard link:     https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=d57ba39d3d527e3e1b1ad4fe390a47844f0b8a04
Original thread:    https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/000000000000d3c7e0058f605a53@google.com/T/#u

This bug has a syzkaller reproducer only.

syzbot has bisected this bug, but I think the bisection result is incorrect.

The original thread for this bug has received 2 replies; the last was 32 days

    Reported-by: syzbot+6593c6b8c8b66a07cd98@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

If you send any email or patch for this bug, please consider replying to the
original thread.  For the git send-email command to use, or tips on how to reply
if the thread isn't in your mailbox, see the "Reply instructions" at
https://lore.kernel.org/r/000000000000d3c7e0058f605a53@google.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-19  5:27 UTC | newest]