kvm.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* passing a tape device through
@ 2009-07-03 10:45 Kevin Lapagna
From: Kevin Lapagna @ 2009-07-03 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi,

I'm (unsuccessfully) trying to pass-through a tape device, that is
connected to the host, to a kvm guest (Windows 2003). The tape device
is connected over SAS with a PCI card (aacraid).

First I tried to add the device with the following parameter
# ... -drive file=/dev/st0,if=scsi
  This leads to errors on the console and a crashes the guest after a
while.

After this, I tried to pass-through the whole PCI card (with aacraid
disabled in the host system)
# ... -pcidevice host=0a:00.0
This leads to crash in the guests BIOS state.

Therefore I tried to hot add the pci device in the monitor shell
# pci_add 0 host host=0a:00.0
At least I was able to start the machine this way. Windows did
recognise the card, but was unable to start/use it (unspecified error
-10).

Has anyone an idea how to get this to work?

-Kevin

PS: I'm using kvm-84 with the patches for OSX guest support
http://alex.csgraf.de/self/?part/projects&folder/Qemu%20OSX&type/&project/projects&parameters/id=Qemu%20OSX

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-07-03 10:45 UTC | newest]