linux-bluetooth.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* BlueZ 5.50: Delay in LE Read Remote Used Features response
@ 2019-03-14 11:53 Miguel Sancho
From: Miguel Sancho @ 2019-03-14 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,
using bluetoothd 5.50 to connect to a paired remote control,
I see a 4s delay in receiving the response to the LE Read Remote Used
Features request.

LE Create Connection
LE Connection Complete
LE Read Remote Used Features
..
4s
..
LE Read Remote Used Features Complete

Is there any configuration or work-around in bluetoothd to try to
overcome this issue? f.e a config to avoid sending the
ReadRemoteUsedFeatures, or a timer setting that can fix the scenario.

Thanks in advance

* Re: BlueZ 5.50: Delay in LE Read Remote Used Features response
@ 2019-03-18 14:45 ` Miguel Sancho
From: Miguel Sancho @ 2019-03-18 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

We checked further and the delay is caused by a LL_CHANNEL_MAP_IND
that is delaying the scenario:

LL_CHANNEL_MAP_IND (with Instant: 0x0167, it should be 7)
4s delay
LL_FEATURE_REQ
LL_FEATURE_RSP

Any guidance in how to avoid this or force that LL_CHANNEL_MAP_IND instant is 7?
Thanks
Miguel