* [Review request] Fix page_mkwrite() for blocksize < pagesize
@ 2009-06-05 23:32 Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2009-06-05 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mm, linux-fsdevel

  Hi,

  could someone have a look at a patch set I've posted a week or so ago
to LKML. It starts at:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/27/317
  Mainly, what I'd like to get opinions on is the third patch implementing
VFS helpers for easier handling of page_mkwrite() when blocksize <
pagesize. I'd like to get the patchset merged but before that I'd like to
get an agreement of people here that this is the way we want to go...
Thanks a lot for review in advance.

									Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>
SUSE Labs, CR

* Re: [Review request] Fix page_mkwrite() for blocksize < pagesize
@ 2009-06-13  4:00 ` Theodore Tso
From: Theodore Tso @ 2009-06-13  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kara; +Cc: linux-mm, linux-fsdevel

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 01:32:17AM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   could someone have a look at a patch set I've posted a week or so ago
> to LKML. It starts at:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/27/317
>   Mainly, what I'd like to get opinions on is the third patch implementing
> VFS helpers for easier handling of page_mkwrite() when blocksize <
> pagesize. I'd like to get the patchset merged but before that I'd like to
> get an agreement of people here that this is the way we want to go...
> Thanks a lot for review in advance.

Maybe you should repost these patches in hopes of getting someone to
review them?

We have a number of ext4 patches stack up behind this patchset, and
these patches fix some filesystem corruption problems when the
filesystem blocksize is less than the pagesize (which will be quite
common on the ppc and ia64 platforms), so I'd very much like to get
this patch series merged during the current merge window.

Thanks,

					- Ted

* Re: [Review request] Fix page_mkwrite() for blocksize < pagesize
@ 2009-06-15 18:06   ` Jan Kara
From: Jan Kara @ 2009-06-15 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodore Tso; +Cc: linux-mm, linux-fsdevel

  Hi,

On Sat 13-06-09 00:00:58, Theodore Tso wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 01:32:17AM +0200, Jan Kara wrote:
> >   Hi,
> >
> >   could someone have a look at a patch set I've posted a week or so ago
> > to LKML. It starts at:
> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/5/27/317
> >   Mainly, what I'd like to get opinions on is the third patch implementing
> > VFS helpers for easier handling of page_mkwrite() when blocksize <
> > pagesize. I'd like to get the patchset merged but before that I'd like to
> > get an agreement of people here that this is the way we want to go...
> > Thanks a lot for review in advance.
>
> Maybe you should repost these patches in hopes of getting someone to
> review them?
>
> We have a number of ext4 patches stack up behind this patchset, and
> these patches fix some filesystem corruption problems when the
> filesystem blocksize is less than the pagesize (which will be quite
> common on the ppc and ia64 platforms), so I'd very much like to get
> this patch series merged during the current merge window.
  Yes, I've resent the series together with one fix in ext3 part of the
patchset. Hopefully someone responds.

								Honza
--
Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz>