linux-iio.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Kartik Kulkarni <kartik.koolks@gmail.com>
To: linux-iio@vger.kernel.org
Subject: problem with driver with driver name and version
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 02:20:28 +0530	[thread overview]

Hello there,
I wanted to patch the driver for  ad7280a  found at
/opt/linux-kernel-dev/iio/drivers/staging/iio/adc and found a few
anomalies which I felt needed to be asked before the patch was
submitted.

1.
```
tatic struct spi_driver ad7280_driver = {
        .driver = {
                .name   = "ad7280",

```
the part of the device id says ad7280 instead of ad7280a which is the
name of the driver file and looking at the Datasheet there's different
datasheet for ad7280 and ad7280A and does not mention compatibility
with each other.(I might be wrong but one had spi interface for 48
channels and the other has spi interface for 300 channels so I think
it might not be compatible)

Note: The spi device id contains "ad7280a" and not "ad7280"
QUESTION:
Should I send a patch to correct the .compatible with ad7280a instead?
as a different patch and send another patch which I am working on
(about of_match which is not present) and add the of_match_array to
contain the device "ad7280a"

or is the file correct and I just send a patch about of_match_devices
with "ad7280"

Regards,
Kartik Kulkarni