* Updated DVB-T tables - where to send them?
@ 2014-03-17 23:44 Chris Rankin
       [not found] ` <CALuNSF76RLkVRfBCr10N4U1i4U1BCrd5A5uqB6aqZ_9kVd_UFQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Chris Rankin @ 2014-03-17 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,

The DVB-T initial tuning information for Crystal Palace in the UK is completely obsolete - despite my two attempts to submit an updated version over the YEARS. Where is the best place to send this information, please?

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: Updated DVB-T tables - where to send them?
@ 2014-03-18  9:08 ` Simon Liddicott
       [not found] ` <CALuNSF76RLkVRfBCr10N4U1i4U1BCrd5A5uqB6aqZ_9kVd_UFQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Simon Liddicott @ 2014-03-18  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

On 17 March 2014 23:44, Chris Rankin <rankincj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The DVB-T initial tuning information for Crystal Palace in the UK is completely obsolete - despite my two attempts to submit an updated version over the YEARS. Where is the best place to send this information, please?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

I submitted updates for the whole of the UK in September.

Check Crystal Palace here:
<http://git.linuxtv.org/dtv-scan-tables.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/dvb-t/uk-CrystalPalace>

You will probably find your distro hasn't updated.

I did a pull request into this github repo
<https://github.com/oliv3r/dtv-scan-tables>

Si.

@ 2014-03-18  9:24   ` Chris Rankin
From: Chris Rankin @ 2014-03-18  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Liddicott; +Cc: linux-media

Hi,

Fedora 20 is using a new dvb-scan-tables package:

* Mon Jan 13 2014 Till Maas <opensource@till.name> - 0-4.20130713gitd913405

Unfortunately, it's still full of files dating from 2012! I will raise a bug in their bugzilla for them to ignore completely and then close when Fedora 22 is released.

Cheers,
Chris

@ 2014-03-23 10:10     ` Olliver Schinagl
From: Olliver Schinagl @ 2014-03-23 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Rankin, Simon Liddicott; +Cc: linux-media

On 03/18/2014 10:24 AM, Chris Rankin wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Fedora 20 is using a new dvb-scan-tables package:
>
> * Mon Jan 13 2014 Till Maas <opensource@till.name> - 0-4.20130713gitd913405
>
> Unfortunately, it's still full of files dating from 2012! I will raise a bug in their bugzilla for them to ignore completely and then close when Fedora 22 is released.
Till e-mailed me not to long ago asking me to fix something in the
dvb-apps package so he could repackage a bunch of things. So it might be
available soon.

That said, the downloads section of linux tv only lists 1 ancient
'named' package, the latest one is up to date.

I'll ping mauro about the packages to get those fixed again, but the
-LATEST should contain anything that is in the git repo. If there is
anything still wrong or missing, a patch here, or a Pullrequest even,
will make it merged quickly :)

Olliver