* [ANNOUNCE] media mini-summit on May, 2 in San Jose
@ 2014-03-19 19:02 Mauro Carvalho Chehab
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab @ 2014-03-19 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LMML, media-workshop

As discussed on our IRC #v4l channels, most of the core developers will be
in San Jose - CA - USA for the Embedded Linux Conference.

There are several subjects that we've been discussing those days that
require a face to face meeting.

So, We'll be doing a media mini-summit on May, 2 (Friday) at Marriott San
Jose. Eventually, we may also schedule some BoFs during the week, if needed.

In order to properly organize the event, I need the name of the
developers interested on joining us, plus the themes proposed for
discussions.

As usual, we'll be using the media-workshop@linuxtv.org ML for specific
discussions about that, so the ones interested on participate are
requested to subscribe it.

Thanks!
Mauro

* Re: [media-workshop] [ANNOUNCE] media mini-summit on May, 2 in San Jose
@ 2014-03-19 23:45 ` Laurent Pinchart
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2014-03-19 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: media-workshop; +Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, LMML

Hi Mauro,

On Wednesday 19 March 2014 16:02:27 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> As discussed on our IRC #v4l channels, most of the core developers will be
> in San Jose - CA - USA for the Embedded Linux Conference.
>
> There are several subjects that we've been discussing those days that
> require a face to face meeting.
>
> So, We'll be doing a media mini-summit on May, 2 (Friday) at Marriott San
> Jose. Eventually, we may also schedule some BoFs during the week, if needed.
>
> In order to properly organize the event, I need the name of the
> developers interested on joining us, plus the themes proposed for
> discussions.

Please count me in.

Possible topics:

- Integration of the of-graph helpers and the component framework
(drivers/base/component.c) in V4L2

- Format and selection rectangles interaction (Hans is working on adding test
cases for this to the compliance tools and ht reported that several points
were not clear)

> As usual, we'll be using the media-workshop@linuxtv.org ML for specific
> discussions about that, so the ones interested on participate are
> requested to subscribe it.

Laurent Pinchart

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] media mini-summit on May, 2 in San Jose
@ 2014-03-20  8:07 ` Hans Verkuil
From: Hans Verkuil @ 2014-03-20  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, LMML, media-workshop

On 03/19/2014 08:02 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> As discussed on our IRC #v4l channels, most of the core developers will be
> in San Jose - CA - USA for the Embedded Linux Conference.
>
> There are several subjects that we've been discussing those days that
> require a face to face meeting.
>
> So, We'll be doing a media mini-summit on May, 2 (Friday) at Marriott San
> Jose. Eventually, we may also schedule some BoFs during the week, if needed.
>
> In order to properly organize the event, I need the name of the
> developers interested on joining us, plus the themes proposed for
> discussions.

I'm in.

Topics:

- V4L2 API ambiguities, based on the recent work I've been doing with vivi and
  v4l2-compliance. This will include any ambiguities relating to cropping,
  composing and scaling.

- I might have to discuss topics relating to the addition of compound types to
  the control framework.

- Per-frame settings aka configuration stores. This feature is necessary for
  Android's libcamera 3.

- Optional: a short demo of the various test drivers and test tools I'm
  developing.

Regards,

	Hans

@ 2014-03-21 12:56 ` Steven Toth
From: Steven Toth @ 2014-03-21 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauro Carvalho Chehab; +Cc: LMML, media-workshop

Devin and myself will be in San Jose all week, although we do have
existing plans for May 2nd.

If we can fit the mini-summit in then we will, or we'll catch up with
individual people during the conference itself.

Best,

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

@ 2014-04-02 19:32   ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2014-04-02 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: media-workshop; +Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab, LMML

Hello,

On Thursday 20 March 2014 00:45:38 Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2014 16:02:27 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > As discussed on our IRC #v4l channels, most of the core developers will be
> > in San Jose - CA - USA for the Embedded Linux Conference.
> >
> > There are several subjects that we've been discussing those days that
> > require a face to face meeting.
> >
> > So, We'll be doing a media mini-summit on May, 2 (Friday) at Marriott San
> > Jose. Eventually, we may also schedule some BoFs during the week, if
> > needed.
> >
> > In order to properly organize the event, I need the name of the
> > developers interested on joining us, plus the themes proposed for
> > discussions.
>
> Please count me in.
>
> Possible topics:
>
> - Integration of the of-graph helpers and the component framework
> (drivers/base/component.c) in V4L2
>
> - Format and selection rectangles interaction (Hans is working on adding
> test cases for this to the compliance tools and ht reported that several
> points were not clear)

And another one:

- Patch review process: several developers were unhappy with patch series
posted a month before being rejected right before the mainline merge window.
Should our process be improved in that area ?

Laurent Pinchart

* RE: [ANNOUNCE] media mini-summit on May, 2 in San Jose
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2014-04-14 12:33 ` Kamil Debski
From: Kamil Debski @ 2014-04-14 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mauro Carvalho Chehab', 'LMML', media-workshop
  Cc: laurent.pinchart, hans.verkuil, 'Tomasz Figa',
	'Steven Toth', 'Shuah Khan'

Hi,

Sorry for joining so late. Me and Tomasz Figa will be attending the ELC and
we would like to join the media mini summit.

There were many interesting topics suggested. I would like to discuss in
particular the "Per-frame settings aka configuration stores" suggested by
Hans.

Tomasz is working with the device tree so he could help us
with "Integration of the of-graph helpers and the component framework
(drivers/base/component.c) in V4L2", suggested by Laurent.

Best wishes,
--
Kamil Debski
Samsung R&D Institute Poland