* [Developers] I know how to make this Digivox work, could v4l-dvb be patched for it?
@ 2014-04-13 21:47 P. van Gaans
From: P. van Gaans @ 2014-04-13 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Device: http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/MSI_DigiVox_Trio

In the "making it work" section I already described it: you just need to
threat this device exactly as if it's a Terratec H5.

Something as simple as adding:

  { USB_DEVICE(0xeb1a, 0x2885),    /* MSI Digivox Trio */
             .driver_info = EM2884_BOARD_TERRATEC_H5 },

to linux/drivers/media/usb/em28xx/em28xx-cards.c is sufficient. This is
probably a slightly ugly way to do it, but I've been using this solution
for half a year and haven't found any problems with it.

What needs to be done in order to get a change like this (or maybe one
that looks slighty more neat) into the official v4l-dvb?

Best regards,

P. van Gaans

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-04-13 21:47 UTC | newest]