* g_webcam driver not working properly on newer kernel
@ 2016-05-03 15:31 Marco Madrigal
From: Marco Madrigal @ 2016-05-03 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi all,

I am working with the g_webcam driver on Linux 3.14 and 4.3 with an
embedded system. It works pretty well for most of Linux hosts but when
trying to register the webcam driver on Windows 7/8 I got "This device
cannot start (Code 10)" message.

I decided to try out the old version of the driver before the videobuf2
modifications and some other stuff (mostly the pretty initial driver)
and it worked correctly on Windows 7/8.

Has someone else experimented a similar issue? Is this a regression
problem? I noticed that newer version of the patch need several tries to
get the streaming working correctly on Linux hosts but I have been
unable to get it working at all with Windows.

Regards,
-Marco

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-05-03 15:31 UTC | newest]