* [RFC] Snapshot Mode and Interrupt Trigger
@ 2015-10-26 14:57 Carlos Sanmartín Bustos
From: Carlos Sanmartín Bustos @ 2015-10-26 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Media

Hi,

I was searching in the list if there is some RFC to implement some
kind of snapshot mode in the API. I found a conversation [1] but it
turned to flash capabilities.

The thing is, there are sensors with hardware trigger modes (a.k.a.
snapshot modes) but there is not any standard form to deal with it. We
can use v4l-controls to set this modes and continue using streaming
API, it's an option.

But in the other hand, if our sensor hasn't got snapshot mode or we
can't use it, could be a nice option trigger the sensor by software
using interrupts, like IIO triggers' do.

At that point I'm thinking if it's possible to define a snapshot API
for use the sensor's snapshot mode or the software snapshot mode
reusing the IIO API, maybe using MC Next Gen for that.

Suggestions?

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg29368.html

--
Carlos Sanmartín

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-10-26 14:57 UTC | newest]