linux-mips.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: Linux 5.1-rc5
       [not found]   ` <CAHk-=wj7jgMOVFW0tiU-X+zhg6+Rn7mEBTej+f26rV3zXezOSA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2019-05-02 23:15     ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2019-05-02 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, Linux List Kernel Mailing, Michael Ellerman,
	linuxppc-dev, Martin Schwidefsky, linux-s390, Hillf Danton,
	Paul Burton, James Hogan, linux-mips, Paul Mundt, Stas Sergeev,
	Yoshinori Sato, Rich Felker, linux-sh, David S. Miller,
	Khalid Aziz, Nitin Gupta, sparclinux

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 09:17:10AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I ruthlessly also entirely ignored MIPS, SH and sparc, since they seem
> largely irrelevant, partly since even theoretically this whole issue
> needs a _lot_ of memory.

Adding the relevant people - while the might be irrelevant, at least
mips and sparc have some giant memory systems.  And I'd really like
to see the arch-specific GUP implementations to go away for other
reasons, as we have a few issues to sort out with GUP usage now
(we just had discussions at LSF/MM), and the less implementations we
have to deal with the better.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-02 23:15 UTC | newest]