linux-mtd.lists.infradead.org archive mirror
* Corrupted bz2 file when downloading from official FTP
@ 2020-03-10 15:20 Tobias Petschke
From: Tobias Petschke @ 2020-03-10 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mtd

Hello everyone,

I am having problems retrieving an mtd-utils release from the official FTP server and was hoping you guys may be able to take a look at this.

When extracting ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/mtd-utils/mtd-utils-1.5.0.tar.bz2 after download, bzcat complains with "Data integrity error when decompressing.", i.e. the file seems corrupted. I have tried to download and extract the same file using the Windows Chrome browser and 7-zip - with the same result: I cannot extract the tar file inside. I have tried a more recent release (v 2.1.1) with the same result.

This used to work without problems for me. Any help would be appreciated, in particular if somebody could verify that the file above is not actually corrupted on the server.

Regards and thanks in advance
Tobias

Disclaimer: This email contains proprietary information some or all of which may be legally privileged and/or is confidential. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy or print this email. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise. Displaydata accepts no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email. We may monitor all email communication through our networks. If you contact us by email, we may store your name and address to facilitate communication. Click here<https://www.displaydata.com/privacy-policy> to read our privacy policy. Displaydata Ltd is registered in England and Wales, company registration number: 03929602. Registered Office: Malvern Hills Science Park, Geraldine
  Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3SZ, UK

* RE: Corrupted bz2 file when downloading from official FTP
       [not found] <d8806e24caeb4f84afa0297c15da96c3@rohde-schwarz.com>
@ 2020-03-10 15:46 ` Tobias Petschke
From: Tobias Petschke @ 2020-03-10 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Betker, linux-mtd

Thanks for checking Thomas, I'll keep looking at my end then.

I tried downloading the URL right now (using wget), and the file seems to be okay -- neither tar nor bzcat complain.

Hope this helps,
Thomas