* Request for tree inclusion
@ 2012-11-30 23:09 Frederic Weisbecker
From: Frederic Weisbecker @ 2012-11-30 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, Ingo Molnar

Hi Stephen,

Could please include the following branches from my tree in linux-next:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
        cputime/adjustment-v2

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
        sched/cputime-v2

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
        nohz/printk-v8

The two first are based on tip:/sched/core
The 3rd is based on upstream.

Thanks.

* Re: Request for tree inclusion
@ 2012-12-02 22:49 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2012-12-02 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederic Weisbecker; +Cc: linux-next, Ingo Molnar

Hi Frederic,

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 00:09:03 +0100 Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could please include the following branches from my tree in linux-next:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
>         cputime/adjustment-v2
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
>         sched/cputime-v2
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
>         nohz/printk-v8
>
> The two first are based on tip:/sched/core
> The 3rd is based on upstream.

Well, these are a bit late (I expected Linus to release v3.7 today), but
since Ingo has not piped in over the weekend, I have added them from today
after the tip tree merge.

I have called them fw-cputime, fs-sched and fw-nohz respectively and
listed you as the only contact in case of problems.  If these are to be
long term trees included in linux-next, I would prefer that you use
better branch names - otherwise, if they are just short term, please tell
me to remove them when they are finished with.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
	Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

Legal Stuff:
By participating in linux-next, your subsystem tree contributions are
public and will be included in the linux-next trees.  You may be sent
e-mail messages indicating errors or other issues when the
patches/commits from your subsystem tree are merged and tested in
linux-next.  These messages may also be cross-posted to the linux-next
mailing list, the linux-kernel mailing list, etc.  The linux-next tree
project and IBM (my employer) make no warranties regarding the linux-next
project, the testing procedures, the results, the e-mails, etc.  If you
don't agree to these ground rules, let me know and I'll remove your tree
from participation in linux-next.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: Request for tree inclusion
@ 2012-12-02 23:59   ` Frederic Weisbecker
From: Frederic Weisbecker @ 2012-12-02 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, Ingo Molnar, LKML

2012/12/2 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>:
> Well, these are a bit late (I expected Linus to release v3.7 today), but
> since Ingo has not piped in over the weekend, I have added them from today
> after the tip tree merge.

Yeah sorry to submit that so late. Those branches are in pending pull
requests to the -tip tree and I thought about relying on the
propagation of -tip into -next as usual. But Ingo has been very busy
with numa related work during this cycle. So until these branches get
merged in -tip, I'm short-circuiting a bit the -next step before it
becomes too late for the next merge window.

> I have called them fw-cputime, fs-sched and fw-nohz respectively and
> listed you as the only contact in case of problems.

Ok.

> If these are to be
> long term trees included in linux-next, I would prefer that you use
> better branch names - otherwise, if they are just short term, please tell
> me to remove them when they are finished with.

They are definitely short term. I'll tell you once these can be dropped.

Thanks a lot!

* Re: Request for tree inclusion
@ 2013-01-11  1:15     ` Frederic Weisbecker
From: Frederic Weisbecker @ 2013-01-11  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: linux-next, Ingo Molnar, LKML

2012/12/3 Frederic Weisbecker <fweisbec@gmail.com>:
> 2012/12/2 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>:
>> Well, these are a bit late (I expected Linus to release v3.7 today), but
>> since Ingo has not piped in over the weekend, I have added them from today
>> after the tip tree merge.
>
> Yeah sorry to submit that so late. Those branches are in pending pull
> requests to the -tip tree and I thought about relying on the
> propagation of -tip into -next as usual. But Ingo has been very busy
> with numa related work during this cycle. So until these branches get
> merged in -tip, I'm short-circuiting a bit the -next step before it
> becomes too late for the next merge window.
>

>> I have called them fw-cputime, fs-sched and fw-nohz respectively and
>> listed you as the only contact in case of problems.
>
> Ok.
>
>> If these are to be
>> long term trees included in linux-next, I would prefer that you use
>> better branch names - otherwise, if they are just short term, please tell
>> me to remove them when they are finished with.
>
> They are definitely short term. I'll tell you once these can be dropped.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Hi Stephen!

fw-cputime and fs-sched have been merged so you can now remove these
branches from next.

But fw-nohz remains. In the meantime I have created a branch named nohz/next:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks.git
        nohz/next

This branch currently refers to fw-nohz HEAD (aka nohz/printk-v8) and
this is also the place where I'll gather -next materials in the future
instead of the multiple branches you're currently pulling.
So could you please remove fw-nohz (nohz/printk-v8) as well from -next
but include nohz/next instead?

@ 2013-01-12  1:15       ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2013-01-12  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frederic Weisbecker; +Cc: linux-next, Ingo Molnar, LKML