* Temporary changes regarding btrfs branch in linux-next and development patches
@ 2017-07-03 14:21 David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2017-07-03 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs; +Cc: sfr, linux-next

Hi,

in order to allow merging new btrfs patches and also keep linux-next merging
sane [1], I'm going to freeze any changes to my k.org [2] branch for-next until
4.13-rc1 is released, expecting that the conflicting branches get merged as
well.

* k.org for-next will contain only the upcoming pull request
  (top commit 848c23b78fafdcd3270b06a30737f8dbd70c347f)
* k.org for-next-test will gather patches and patchsets from mailinglist as usual

[1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-next&m=149904517832129
[2] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kdave/linux.git/

* Re: Temporary changes regarding btrfs branch in linux-next and development patches
@ 2017-07-14 14:31 ` David Sterba
From: David Sterba @ 2017-07-14 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dsterba, linux-btrfs, sfr, linux-next

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 04:21:08PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
> in order to allow merging new btrfs patches and also keep linux-next merging
> sane [1], I'm going to freeze any changes to my k.org [2] branch for-next until
> 4.13-rc1 is released, expecting that the conflicting branches get merged as
> well.

The btrfs for-next is going return to it's normal workflow, ie. it'll
get populated by development patches that have been now in the
for-next-test branch. A quick merge test with current linus/master or
linux-next/master shows no problems.

The preferred patch base is still for-4.13-part1, as there's not yet a
public branch for the next pull request.