* Re: linux-next: Tree for Jan 18 [ BROKEN tty-next on suspend ]
@ 2013-01-19 13:35 Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-01-19 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Jiri Slaby, Alan Cox, Ilya Zykov
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Rafael J. Wysocki, Linux PM List,
	Stephen Rothwell

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:37 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changes since 20130117:
>
> Undropped tree: samung
>
> The powerpc tree still had a build failure.
>
> The driver-core tree gained a build failure for which I applied a merge
> fix patch.
>
> The gpio-lw tree gained a build failure so I used the version from
> next-20130117.
>
> The samsung tree lost the majority of its conflicts but gained more
> against the arm-soc and slave-dma tree.

[ TO TTY folks ] + [ CC Rafael and linux-pm ML ]

In the end it turned out to be a problem with tty-next (see thread in [1]).
I am hitting the problem reproducibly on PM/suspend.
Rafael gave me some cool help on pm-testing, thanks (see also thread in [1])

Ilya has sent a patch to [3] which needs to be refreshed.
AFAICS also be adapted to the recent changes to tty_port and tty_buf.
But hey, I am no TTY expert so it is up to you.

Hope you will CC me on the patch.

Thanks!

- Sedat -

[1] http://marc.info/?t=135854714000003&r=1&w=2
[2] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/gregkh/tty.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tty-next
[3] http://marc.info/?t=135452868300003&r=1&w=2

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-01-19 13:35 UTC | newest]