linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Fwd: SPI for IMX6x with cyclic DMA for continuous transfer
       [not found] ` <CAD-cv=P5TxgVOxDFJCafb=B+Tj3ABRheyuU93hfi6cw9TxXxvQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-08-13 15:59   ` Andrea Tessadri
From: Andrea Tessadri @ 2020-08-13 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-spi

I've just developed and tested cyclic DMA transfer for a SPI device on
a IMX6UL with kernel 4.9.88
I wanted to have a single SPI transfer repeated continuously in order
to feed a DAC for generation of a particular waveform for a medical
device, without interruption and minimal jitter (this is why I though
to make the change at low level, instead of making the protocol driver
to pump several identical messages to SPI subsystem)
I am wondering if this feature could be interesting for other
applications and if it is worth to submit a patch for
drivers/spi/spi-imx.c
Thank you in advance

  Andrea

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-08-13 15:59 UTC | newest]