linux-spi.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the pxa tree
       [not found] ` <20080915052750.0b0c924c.sfr-3FnU+UHB4dNDw9hX6IcOSA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2008-09-15 13:18   ` Ned Forrester
From: Ned Forrester @ 2008-09-15 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: spi-devel, linux-next-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Eric Miao

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the pxa tree got a conflict in
> drivers/spi/pxa2xx_spi.c between commit
> 8423597d676615f3dd2d9ab36f59f147086b90b8 ("pxa2xx_spi: chipselect
> bugfixes") from Linus' tree and commit
> 5625ef19d54c02838c867b6a5c87823e021ac7a5 ("spi: pxa2xx_spi introduce chip
> select gpio to simplify the common cases") from the pxa tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fixup (though it could be
> fixed in the pxa tree in a merge with Linus' tree).  Please check the
> fixup.

The last word I had from David Brownell, was that Eric should make his
patch fit after mine.  I think Eric was planning to re-submit, but maybe
you have saved him the trouble.  I will leave it to Eric to decide if
you fixed everything needed.

--
Ned Forrester                                       nforrester-/d+BM93fTQY@public.gmane.org
Oceanographic Systems Lab                                  508-289-2226

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the pxa tree
@ 2008-09-16  3:02     ` Eric Miao
From: Eric Miao @ 2008-09-16  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ned Forrester; +Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, spi-devel

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Ned Forrester <nforrester@whoi.edu> wrote:
> Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Today's linux-next merge of the pxa tree got a conflict in
>> drivers/spi/pxa2xx_spi.c between commit
>> 8423597d676615f3dd2d9ab36f59f147086b90b8 ("pxa2xx_spi: chipselect
>> bugfixes") from Linus' tree and commit
>> 5625ef19d54c02838c867b6a5c87823e021ac7a5 ("spi: pxa2xx_spi introduce chip
>> select gpio to simplify the common cases") from the pxa tree.
>>
>> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fixup (though it could be
>> fixed in the pxa tree in a merge with Linus' tree).  Please check the
>> fixup.
>
> The last word I had from David Brownell, was that Eric should make his
> patch fit after mine.  I think Eric was planning to re-submit, but maybe
> you have saved him the trouble.  I will leave it to Eric to decide if
> you fixed everything needed.

I'll take off the patch to save Stephen's time on this. Sorry for the
noise.

- eric

* Re: [spi-devel-general] linux-next: manual merge of the pxa tree
@ 2008-09-25  4:57       ` David Brownell
From: David Brownell @ 2008-09-25  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spi-devel-general, Eric Miao, Stephen Rothwell; +Cc: Ned Forrester, linux-next

On Monday 15 September 2008, Eric Miao wrote:
> >> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fixup (though it could be
> >> fixed in the pxa tree in a merge with Linus' tree).  Please check the
> >> fixup.
> >
> > The last word I had from David Brownell, was that Eric should make his
> > patch fit after mine.  I think Eric was planning to re-submit, but maybe
> > you have saved him the trouble.  I will leave it to Eric to decide if
> > you fixed everything needed.
> >

> I'll take off the patch to save Stephen's time on this. Sorry for the
> noise.

Uh, I have yet to see any version of this patch... could someone post
it so the SPI maintainer at least has a chance to look at it?

* Re: [spi-devel-general] linux-next: manual merge of the pxa tree
@ 2008-09-25  7:49         ` Eric Miao
       [not found]           ` <f17812d70809250049g3f3b86e7x12dab8cc4f8b1cd6-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Eric Miao @ 2008-09-25  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Brownell
  Cc: spi-devel-general, Stephen Rothwell, Ned Forrester, linux-next

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:57 PM, David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net> wrote:

>> > The last word I had from David Brownell, was that Eric should make his
>> > patch fit after mine.  I think Eric was planning to re-submit, but maybe
>> > you have saved him the trouble.  I will leave it to Eric to decide if
>> > you fixed everything needed.
>> >

>> I'll take off the patch to save Stephen's time on this. Sorry for the
>> noise.
>
> Uh, I have yet to see any version of this patch... could someone post
> it so the SPI maintainer at least has a chance to look at it?

Expect a week or two before this happen, I'm currently busy with
other stuffs. Sorry for the delay.

--
Cheers
- eric

@ 2008-09-25  8:20             ` David Brownell
From: David Brownell @ 2008-09-25  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spi-devel-general-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f
  Cc: Ned Forrester, Stephen Rothwell,
	linux-next-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA, Eric Miao

On Thursday 25 September 2008, Eric Miao wrote:
> > Uh, I have yet to see any version of this patch... could someone post
> > it so the SPI maintainer at least has a chance to look at it?
> >

> Expect a week or two before this happen, I'm currently busy with
> other stuffs. Sorry for the delay.

I thought the situation was that there was a working version
that hadn't been sent to the SPI list ...

If that's not the case, no worries.