From: Steve deRosier <derosier@gmail.com>
To: David Ho <davidkwho@gmail.com>
Cc: linux-wireless <linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Linux wireless times out at Google Starbucks location
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 12:07:08 -0700	[thread overview]

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 11:53 AM David Ho <davidkwho@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I found this issue with my Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS setup at a Starbucks
> location I regularly visit.  I have tracked down the problem and at
> this point, I think I will need the wireless subsystem folks' input
> before I can proceed.  Can you folks help me with this?  See my Reddit
> post below for details.
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/d5l79f/linux_wireless_times_out_at_google_starbucks/

Hi David,

If you have an issue to report and want help with, please put the
details in your email instead of pointing to external posts. This way
it can be discussed here and you enable maintainers to help you. If
I'm not mistaken, there's a very clear process and location to get
help as mentioned on the wiki:
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/support

I will tell you I did go look and you don't have sufficient and useful
information for us to help you. We need to know the wifi chipset
you're using, the drivers involved, what network subsystems you're
using, the methodology of your connection, and the kernel logs
themselves would all be helpful.

Thanks for your cooperation.

- Steve