* Re: [v4] coccicheck: Support search for SmPL scripts within selected directory hierarchy
       [not found] <201911011049160582771@zte.com.cn>
@ 2019-11-01  8:20 ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-11-01  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhong Shiqi, cocci
  Cc: kernel-janitors, linux-kernel, Cheng Shengyu, Gilles Muller,
	Himanshu Jha, Julia Lawall, Masahiro Yamada, Michal Marek,
	Nicolas Palix, Xue Zhihong, Yi Wang

> * Defalut value

* Default value

> * Directory selection
> * Single file selection
>
> Would it be better?

Partly, yes.

Regards,
Markus

* Re: [v4] coccicheck: Support search for SmPL scripts within selected directory hierarchy
       [not found] <201910301059095572036@zte.com.cn>
@ 2019-10-30  8:40 ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-10-30  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhong Shiqi, cocci, kernel-janitors
  Cc: linux-kernel, Cheng Shengyu, Gilles Muller, Himanshu Jha,
	Julia Lawall, Masahiro Yamada, Michal Marek, Nicolas Palix,
	Xue Zhihong, Yi Wang

>> Please reconsider also the section “Using Coccinelle with a single semantic patch”:
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/dev-tools/coccinelle.rst?id=f877bee5ea0b56c39cd0a243e113a577b5a4ef92#n151
>
> Could we add new lines?

Yes, of course.

> How about the following?

I suggest to improve the case distinction for the make (and environment)
variable “COCCI” also by adjusting the document outline.
* Empty string
* Directory selection
* File name specification

See also:
https://docutils.readthedocs.io/en/sphinx-docs/user/rst/quickstart.html#sections

> The optional make variable COCCI can be used to search SmPL scripts in a
> directory. In that case, the variable must be initialized with the name of

… it should be set to …

> directory contains SmPL scripts.

a directory which contains scripts for the semantic patch language.

Regards,
Markus

* Re: [v4] coccicheck: Support search for SmPL scripts within selected directory hierarchy
       [not found] <201910301043292761157@zte.com.cn>
@ 2019-10-30  8:13 ` Markus Elfring
From: Markus Elfring @ 2019-10-30  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhong Shiqi, cocci, kernel-janitors
  Cc: linux-kernel, Cheng Shengyu, Gilles Muller, Himanshu Jha,
	Julia Lawall, Masahiro Yamada, Michal Marek, Nicolas Palix,
	Xue Zhihong, Yi Wang

>> Would you like to update the provided software documentation together with
>> the small extension of this bash script?
>
> I'd like to but i don't have rights to update.

I suggest to take another look at change possibilities for affected documents.

>> Update candidates:

* https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/dev-tools/coccinelle.rst?id=23fdb198ae81f47a574296dab5167c5e136a02ba#n189

This file can be directly edited in a corresponding development branch
for your contribution, can't it?

>> * https://bottest.wiki.kernel.org/coccicheck#controlling_which_files_are_processed_by_coccinelle

Are going to try any of the supported login options out for this wiki?

Would you like to choose any other data synchronisation method?

Regards,
Markus