* Re: Problem with buffer underruns burning at 8x under 2.6
       [not found]     ` <20031230191712.GQ3086@suse.de>
@ 2003-12-31  3:54       ` craig duncan
From: craig duncan @ 2003-12-31  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe; +Cc: linux-kernel

Jens Axboe writes:
> Your problem is that DMA is disabled. I don't know why you say that
> hdparm doesn't work for you, how are you running it? I'm assuming that
> /dev/cdrom is linked to /dev/hdc (or where is you CDROM located?).

You're right... dma is disabled... for _all_ my drives.  Some change
between booting up in 2.4 vs 2.6.  I have no idea why... yet.

And hdparm does work fine on /dev/cdrom.  I did something stupid (ran
/sbin/hdparm as a normal user) which made me think it didn't.

Thanks for your help.

craig

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-31  3:54 UTC | newest]