* procfs get_info() method obsolete?
@ 2001-06-11 17:18 Erik Mouw
From: Erik Mouw @ 2001-06-11 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can the procfs get_info() method be considered obsolete? When reading
this code fragment from fs/proc/generic.c I think yes:

        if (dp->get_info) {
                /*
                 * Handle backwards compatibility with the old net
                 * routines.
                 */
                n = dp->get_info(page, &start, *ppos, count);

However, I'd rather be sure before I start documenting lies in the
procfs-guide.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-06-11 17:26 UTC | newest]