* Problems with 2.4.5ac1[78]
@ 2001-06-26 14:18 Meino Christian Cramer
From: Meino Christian Cramer @ 2001-06-26 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

 I tried to compile linux-2.4.5ac17 with processor type "Athlon"
 settings.

 Compilation/Install was successful. But boot produces dozens of
 "unresolved symbols" if trying to insmod any of the modules.

 Not one module was insmodded successfully.

 I tried PENTIUM III setting, which works fine.

 What's goiing on here ;-)

 What is it, what I am doing wrong.

 The modutils version is 2.4.6

 Any help VERY welcone ;-)
 Thank you very much in advance !

   keep hacking the right site of life ! :-)
  Meino

* Re: Problems with 2.4.5ac1[78]
@ 2001-06-26 15:04 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2001-06-26 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Meino Christian Cramer; +Cc: linux-kernel

>  I tried to compile linux-2.4.5ac17 with processor type "Athlon"
>  settings.
>
>  Compilation/Install was successful. But boot produces dozens of
>  "unresolved symbols" if trying to insmod any of the modules.
>
>  Not one module was insmodded successfully.

Sounds like your build wasnt clean. Save your .config file and make distclean
is sometimes needed when changing SMP or CPU types - yes its a bug in the
config setup really

* Re: Problems with 2.4.5ac1[78]
@ 2001-06-26 16:45 ` Meino Christian Cramer
From: Meino Christian Cramer @ 2001-06-26 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alan; +Cc: mccramer, linux-kernel

From: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Problems with 2.4.5ac1[78]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:04:22 +0100 (BST)

Thanks a lot, Alan ! :o)

That's it! My build-script only did a make dep _clean_ bzImage modules
modules_install.
With a make distclean before all runs smooth...

  keep hacking on the right site of life ! :-)
  Meino