* Kernel & libc
@ 2003-04-22 18:32 aglait
From: aglait @ 2003-04-22 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi !!
Can you help me ?? I want to know if there is a requirement of libc,
glibc for kernel 2.4.20 ...
I compile the kernel in a machine and it is working in another one. So I
want to know if I have to upgrade something.

Regards

Alan

* Re: Kernel & libc
@ 2003-04-22 19:01 ` Michael Buesch
From: Michael Buesch @ 2003-04-22 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aglait; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 20:32, aglait@nixe.com wrote:
> Can you help me ??
maybe :)

> I want to know if there is a requirement of libc,
> glibc for kernel 2.4.20 ...
Kernel doesn't use libc (uses -nostdinc).
You can't use any library from user-space in kernel.

--
Regards Michael Buesch.
http://www.8ung.at/tuxsoft

$ cat /dev/zero > /dev/null
/dev/null: That's *not* funny! :(

* Re: Kernel & libc
@ 2003-04-22 19:23   ` Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz @ 2003-04-22 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Buesch; +Cc: lkml

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 20:01, Michael Buesch wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 20:32, aglait@nixe.com wrote:
> > Can you help me ??
> maybe :)
>
> > I want to know if there is a requirement of libc,
> > glibc for kernel 2.4.20 ...
> Kernel doesn't use libc (uses -nostdinc).
> You can't use any library from user-space in kernel.
As long as it is not static included into your module....
Kernel is not able to load libraries nor libc is not writen to function
properly in kernel.

--
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj@pointblue.com.pl>
K4 labs