* am33xx beaglebone mainline status?
@ 2012-11-27  8:41 Tim Sander
From: Tim Sander @ 2012-11-27  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, linux, linux-rt-users

Hi

I have been trying to get the 3.7-rc6 kernel to compile for a beaglebone board
with device tree but it seems there are still bits missing. Especially it
seems as if the sd card reader and network is not working properly?

I would also like to combine the barebone with a recent 3.6 preempt rt
patchset. Any ideas where to start?

Besides is there any recent git repository where the beaglebone works? The
only thing which seems to run is the 3.2 kernel "repository" also found in oe?

Best regards
Tim

* Re: am33xx beaglebone mainline status?
@ 2012-11-27 12:58 ` Richard Cochran
From: Richard Cochran @ 2012-11-27 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Sander; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux, linux-rt-users

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 09:41:51AM +0100, Tim Sander wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been trying to get the 3.7-rc6 kernel to compile for a beaglebone board
> with device tree but it seems there are still bits missing. Especially it
> seems as if the sd card reader and network is not working properly?

The CPSW network driver is working in net-next, and so it will be
working in v3.8. Don't know about SD, since I only boot with a ramfs.

HTH,
Richard

* Re: am33xx beaglebone mainline status?
@ 2012-11-27 14:23   ` Yegor Yefremov
From: Yegor Yefremov @ 2012-11-27 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Cochran; +Cc: Tim Sander, kernel list, linux, linux-rt-users

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Richard Cochran
<richardcochran@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 09:41:51AM +0100, Tim Sander wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have been trying to get the 3.7-rc6 kernel to compile for a beaglebone board
>> with device tree but it seems there are still bits missing. Especially it
>> seems as if the sd card reader and network is not working properly?
>
> The CPSW network driver is working in net-next, and so it will be
> working in v3.8. Don't know about SD, since I only boot with a ramfs.

MMC support is still not there. There patches on the linux-omap
mailing list, AFAIK they are in review process.

How do you load your rootfs: embedded into kernel or separately?

Do you know if frame buffer is functioning in main line?

Yegor

* Re: am33xx beaglebone mainline status?
@ 2012-11-27 16:20     ` Richard Cochran
From: Richard Cochran @ 2012-11-27 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yegor Yefremov; +Cc: Tim Sander, kernel list, linux, linux-rt-users

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 03:23:51PM +0100, Yegor Yefremov wrote:

> How do you load your rootfs: embedded into kernel or separately?

Separately. I gave up on the embedded option on ARM (IXP) long ago,
since I never could getaw it to work.

> Do you know if frame buffer is functioning in main line?

Dunno, sorry,
Richard