* linux-next: manual merge of the acpi tree with the pm tree
@ 2013-02-11  1:58 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2013-02-11  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Len Brown
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Lv Zheng, Rafael J. Wysocki, Daniel Lezcano

Hi Len,

Today's linux-next merge of the acpi tree got a conflict in
drivers/acpi/processor_idle.c between commit 4f8429166818 ("ACPICA:
Cleanup PM_TIMER_FREQUENCY definition") from the pm tree and commit
41cdb0efc42e ("ACPI / idle: remove unused definition") from the acpi tree.

I fixed it up (The latter removed the lines modified by the former, so I
did that) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action is required).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 836 bytes --]

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the acpi tree with the pm tree
@ 2013-02-11 23:34 ` Len Brown
From: Len Brown @ 2013-02-11 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Lv Zheng, Rafael J. Wysocki, Daniel Lezcano

On 02/10/2013 08:58 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Len,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the acpi tree got a conflict in
> drivers/acpi/processor_idle.c between commit 4f8429166818 ("ACPICA:
> Cleanup PM_TIMER_FREQUENCY definition") from the pm tree and commit
> 41cdb0efc42e ("ACPI / idle: remove unused definition") from the acpi tree.
>
> I fixed it up (The latter removed the lines modified by the former, so I
> did that) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action is required).

Thank you Stephen,
Go ahead and keep these two merge fix-ups.

We'll either merge the rjw and the lenb trees before
sending to Linus, or let him repeat your merge
fix-ups as he likes to do.

BTW. Rafael's "pm" tree now carries the ACPI patch stream,
so it is probably a mis-representation to call my tree the "acpi" tree.
My tree is primarily focused on the "idle" part of pm these days.

thanks,
Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the acpi tree with the pm tree
@ 2013-02-12 22:30   ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2013-02-12 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Len Brown
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Lv Zheng, Rafael J. Wysocki, Daniel Lezcano

Hi Len,

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:34:06 -0500 Len Brown <lenb@kernel.org> wrote:

> BTW. Rafael's "pm" tree now carries the ACPI patch stream,
> so it is probably a mis-representation to call my tree the "acpi" tree.
> My tree is primarily focused on the "idle" part of pm these days.

OK, I have renamed your tree to "idle".

--

@ 2013-02-17  7:31     ` Zheng, Lv
From: Zheng, Lv @ 2013-02-17  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, Len Brown
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Rafael J. Wysocki, Daniel Lezcano,
	Huang, Ying, Krogerus, Heikki, Moore, Robert

> Hi Len,
>
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 18:34:06 -0500 Len Brown <lenb@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > BTW. Rafael's "pm" tree now carries the ACPI patch stream, so it is
> > probably a mis-representation to call my tree the "acpi" tree.
> > My tree is primarily focused on the "idle" part of pm these days.
>
> OK, I have renamed your tree to "idle".

Thanks for fixing the conflicts.

The new ACPICA release contains a patch renaming the PM_TIMER_FREQUENCY macro.
A further CA release patch cleans up the repo (pm/linux-next) where the release patch set based on.
The conflicts would happen if other repos contained new codes using the old macro definition.

Thanks
-Lv

* linux-next: manual merge of the acpi tree with the pm tree
@ 2013-02-11  1:59 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2013-02-11  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Len Brown; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Paul Gortmaker, Rafael J. Wysocki