* [QUESTION] Can we remove the local_irq_enable() in function panic()?
@ 2012-09-07  2:19 Liu, Chuansheng
From: Liu, Chuansheng @ 2012-09-07  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org' (linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org)
  Cc: gregkh, mingo, a.p.zijlstra

Hi all,

Could some one give help that removing the local_irq_enable() in function panic()?

Currently I meet one case that when panic happening at irq disabling state with spin_lock,
After panic() is called, due to local_irq_enable() is called, it causes some interrupts come,
and cause more issue that "BUG: spinlock recursion on CPU#0".

Checked the git history, do not find any hint for local_irq_enable(), can any share something?
Thanks.

Panic()
{
	local_irq_enable();
	for (i = 0; ; i += PANIC_TIMER_STEP) {
}

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-09-07  2:20 UTC | newest]