* Re:Re: crypto-loop + highmen -> random crashes in -test11
@ 2003-12-16 12:40 Jindrich Makovicka
From: Jindrich Makovicka @ 2003-12-16 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akpm, linux-kernel

> Soeren Sonnenburg <kernel@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I get random crashes/corruption/ init kills when I use cryptoloop on
>> this highmem enabled ppc machine.
>
> People have reported cryptoloop+highmem crashes on ia32 as well. I'm not
> sure if that was with -mm though.

I tried to apply loop-highmem.patch, loop-highmem-fixes.patch, and
loop-remove-blkdev-special-case.patch on a vanilla 2.6.0-test11, and it
finally made the cryptoloop work on my machine - an Athlon XP, 1.5G RAM.
Without the patch, cryptoloop+highmem didn't work at all - a fresh
created ext2 was either impossible to mount, or it mounted corrupted,
and cryptoloop overall seemed to act more like /dev/urandom.

Jindrich Makovicka

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-16 12:40 UTC | newest]