* lttng git.kernel.org tree
@ 2008-06-19 12:51 Mathieu Desnoyers
From: Mathieu Desnoyers @ 2008-06-19 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Peter Anvin; +Cc: Ingo Molnar, linux-kernel

Hi Peter,

I've been posting my LTTng work through patchsets for a while, but I
start to think it would be good to deploy a LTTng tree on
git.kernel.org, do you agree ?

Also, I guess I might have to do frequent rebases to follow mainline
because the LTTng patchset touches a lot of files (including the
low-level stuff, the architecture independant and arch. specific
instrumentation and the tracer itself). My current diffstat states :

in 118 patches.

Is there some documentation that describes what would be the best way to
manage such a tree ? (frequent rebases or not ?)

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers

* Re: lttng git.kernel.org tree
@ 2008-06-19 17:03 ` Josh Boyer
From: Josh Boyer @ 2008-06-19 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Desnoyers; +Cc: H. Peter Anvin, Ingo Molnar, linux-kernel

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:51:57 -0400
Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@polymtl.ca> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> I've been posting my LTTng work through patchsets for a while, but I
> start to think it would be good to deploy a LTTng tree on
> git.kernel.org, do you agree ?

I would like to see that.  I do request that you have per-release
branches/tags with the lttng patches applied though.  Having that via
the patchsets has been quite nice.

josh

* Re: lttng git.kernel.org tree
@ 2008-06-19 17:52   ` H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2008-06-19 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Boyer; +Cc: Mathieu Desnoyers, Ingo Molnar, linux-kernel, ftpadmin

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:51:57 -0400
> Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@polymtl.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> I've been posting my LTTng work through patchsets for a while, but I
>> start to think it would be good to deploy a LTTng tree on
>> git.kernel.org, do you agree ?
>
> I would like to see that.  I do request that you have per-release
> branches/tags with the lttng patches applied though.  Having that via
> the patchsets has been quite nice.

Makes sense to me... if you don't have an account already, see:

	http://www.kernel.org/faq/#account

	-hpa