* (no subject)
@ 2004-02-04 19:51 Bloch, Jack
From: Bloch, Jack @ 2004-02-04 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Is there any clear explanation of what the offset parameter in the mmap
system call means? Please CC me on any response.

Jack Bloch
Siemens ICN
phone                (561) 923-6550
e-mail                jack.bloch@icn.siemens.com

* Re: mmap question - it's in the man page
@ 2004-02-06  3:50 ` Rik van Riel
From: Rik van Riel @ 2004-02-06  3:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bloch, Jack; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Bloch, Jack wrote:

> Is there any clear explanation of what the offset parameter in the mmap
> system call means? Please CC me on any response.

The following command will reveal all:

$ man 2 mmap

DESCRIPTION
       The mmap function asks to map  length  bytes  starting  at
       offset offset from the file (or other object) specified by