* Why "PCI: Cannot allocate resource region..."?
@ 2003-11-14 16:34 Kyle Rose
From: Kyle Rose @ 2003-11-14 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I didn't get any response to my previous query, so I figured I'd ask a
simpler question: why would the kernel say that it cannot allocate a
memory-mapped I/O resource?

I looked at /proc/iomem, and none of the regions in question overlap
with any other device's regions, which presumably means the BIOS is
doing a good job configuring the devices.  So, again: for what reasons
*does* the kernel decide it can't do the allocation?  This would
greatly help my debugging efforts.

Thanks,
Kyle

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-11-14 16:34 UTC | newest]