* Re: patch: arch/i386/boot/install.sh
@ 2004-01-12  1:44 James Lamanna
From: James Lamanna @ 2004-01-12  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ameer_Armaly; +Cc: linux-kernel

> me know how it works on yours. For some reason, I had to pass the
> arguments to installkernel separately; the > original "$@" wouldn't
> work. the diff is at
> ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org/pub/incoming/install.sh.dif since

What shell are you using on your system? (in other words, what is /bin/sh
symlinked to..)
I wonder if *csh doesn't support $@ ... bash definitely does.

* patch: arch/i386/boot/install.sh
@ 2004-01-11 23:13 Ameer Armaly
From: Ameer Armaly @ 2004-01-11 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux kernel

Here is a patch to the i386 install script, which actually makes make
install work, at least on my system; let me know how it works on yours.  For
some reason, I had to pass the arguments to installkernel separately;  the
original "$@" wouldn't work.   the diff is at
ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org/pub/incoming/install.sh.dif since hotmail won't
let me send via linux, and OE keeps wordwrapping the diff whenever I paste
it in; if anyone knows how to get linux working with hotmail, please send me
privately.
Thanks,

Ameer