ltp.lists.linux.it archive mirror
* [LTP] Sparse checks does not include other headers in include
@ 2023-03-24  6:24 Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2023-03-24  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Palethorpe; +Cc: ltp

Hi Richie,

cd lib && make check-tst_device

tst_device.c:78:5: warning: Symbol 'tst_find_free_loopdev' has no prototype or library ('tst_') prefix. Should it be static?
tst_find_free_loopdev() is in include/tst_device.h. Could sparse-ltp.c take into
consideration all files in include/ (if is trivial to do that)?

Kind regards,
Petr

* Re: [LTP] Sparse checks does not include other headers in include
@ 2023-03-28 13:13 ` Cyril Hrubis
From: Cyril Hrubis @ 2023-03-28 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Vorel; +Cc: Richard Palethorpe, ltp

Hi!
> cd lib && make check-tst_device

> tst_device.c:78:5: warning: Symbol 'tst_find_free_loopdev' has no prototype or library ('tst_') prefix. Should it be static?
> tst_find_free_loopdev() is in include/tst_device.h. Could sparse-ltp.c take into
> consideration all files in include/ (if is trivial to do that)?

This is actually a geniune error, the tst_device.c does not include
tst_device.h. I will send a patchset to fix the issues.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis@suse.cz

* Re: [LTP] Sparse checks does not include other headers in include
@ 2023-03-28 13:17   ` Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2023-03-28 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cyril Hrubis; +Cc: Richard Palethorpe, ltp

Hi Cyril,

> This is actually a geniune error, the tst_device.c does not include
> tst_device.h. I will send a patchset to fix the issues.

Ah, I should pay attention to the warnings :).
I guess you can merge the fix directly (simple enough).

Kind regards,
Petr