netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* git problems
@ 2013-12-17 17:21 David Laight
From: David Laight @ 2013-12-17 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

git managed to completely trash my tree - no problem I'd saved everything important.
So I renamed the directory tree and then checked out an entire new tree.
Now it won't let me commit because it has somewhere remembered a merge f*ckup
in the old tree.
Where has it got this info saved, and how do I tell it there is nothing wrong?

	David

* Re: git problems
@ 2013-12-17 20:02 ` Hannes Frederic Sowa
From: Hannes Frederic Sowa @ 2013-12-17 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Laight; +Cc: netdev

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 05:21:05PM -0000, David Laight wrote:
> git managed to completely trash my tree - no problem I'd saved everything important.
> So I renamed the directory tree and then checked out an entire new tree.
> Now it won't let me commit because it has somewhere remembered a merge f*ckup
> in the old tree.
> Where has it got this info saved, and how do I tell it there is nothing wrong?

git merge --abort maybe?