netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Regarding CLNP driver
@ 2019-02-19  8:22 Shreeya Patel
From: Shreeya Patel @ 2019-02-19  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: Moustafa Ali, Mohamed El-Dessouki

Hi All,

My goal is to have the CLNP ( Connectionless network protocol ) driver
working on the latest Ubuntu version / any Linux distros.
But I see that CLNP driver was developed by a group of people during
2.6 kernel and now it doesn't exist anymore.
Here is the source code...
https://github.com/crazoes/clnp

I tried to build the driver on latest kernel of latest Ubuntu version
by having 2.6 kernel's header files but as we all know it is not
possible to have so old module working on the latest version.

I also tried to downgrade the kernel on Ubuntu 18.04 to 2.6 kernel but
again I knew this was not going to work and it showed me an error of
KERNEL TOO OLD during boot time.

Is there any way possible to have CLNP driver working on the latest
Ubuntu release or any other Linux distro's release?

Thanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-02-19  8:22 UTC | newest]