netdev.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: Query about Dynamic Right Sizing implementation in linux-kernel
       [not found] <1416410264.14060.45.camel@edumazet-glaptop2.roam.corp.google.com>
@ 2014-11-20  8:00 ` cprasad
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: cprasad @ 2014-11-20  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Dumazet; +Cc: netdev

Hi,

Could you please tell how can i get access to the logs prior to Linux-2.6.12-rc2. I had already gone through the git logs. This was the last line in the logs.

Linux-2.6.12-rc2

    Initial git repository build. I'm not bothering with the full history,
    even though we have it. We can create a separate "historical" git
    archive of that later if we want to, and in the meantime it's about
    3.2GB when imported into git - space that would just make the early
    git days unnecessarily complicated, when we don't have a lot of good
    infrastructure for it.

    Let it rip!

Thanks

* Re: Query about Dynamic Right Sizing implementation in linux-kernel
@ 2014-11-20  8:15   ` Eric Dumazet
From: Eric Dumazet @ 2014-11-20  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cprasad; +Cc: netdev

On Thu, 2014-11-20 at 13:30 +0530, cprasad@cse.iitm.ac.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please tell how can i get access to the logs prior to Linux-2.6.12-rc2. I had already gone through the git logs. This was the last line in the logs.

I did a Google search with "linux git history"

And found this :

https://archive.org/details/git-history-of-linux

* Re: Query about Dynamic Right Sizing implementation in linux-kernel
@ 2014-11-20  8:43   ` Daniel Baluta
From: Daniel Baluta @ 2014-11-20  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cprasad; +Cc: Eric Dumazet, netdev

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:00 AM,  <cprasad@cse.iitm.ac.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please tell how can i get access to the logs prior to Linux-2.6.12-rc2. I had already gone through the git logs. This was the last line in the logs.
>
> Linux-2.6.12-rc2
>
>     Initial git repository build. I'm not bothering with the full history,
>     even though we have it. We can create a separate "historical" git
>     archive of that later if we want to, and in the meantime it's about
>     3.2GB when imported into git - space that would just make the early
>     git days unnecessarily complicated, when we don't have a lot of good
>     infrastructure for it.
>
>     Let it rip!

Try this:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tglx/history.git/

Daniel.

* Re: Query about Dynamic Right Sizing implementation in linux-kernel
@ 2014-11-20  9:18   ` Daniel Borkmann
From: Daniel Borkmann @ 2014-11-20  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cprasad; +Cc: Eric Dumazet, netdev

On 11/20/2014 09:00 AM, cprasad@cse.iitm.ac.in wrote:
> Could you please tell how can i get access to the logs prior to Linux-2.6.12-rc2. I had already gone through the git logs. This was the last line in the logs.

Have a look at Thomas' history tree:

@ 2014-11-18 14:07   ` Eric Dumazet
From: Eric Dumazet @ 2014-11-18 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cprasad; +Cc: netdev

On Tue, 2014-11-18 at 15:24 +0530, cprasad@cse.iitm.ac.in wrote:
> Hi,
> 	 I found a DRS patch for verison 2.4.8 in lanl.gov page and I have no
> idea if it is incorporated into the kernel. So I would like to know if
> Dynamic Right Sizing(DRS) is implemented in kernel.If so from which
> version of kernel was it implemented?

It is implemented yes.

Last patch we did about that was for linux-3.13

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=b0983d3c9b132c33b6fb2e28d157a1edc18a173c

* Query about Dynamic Right Sizing implementation in linux-kernel
       [not found] <455193360.130995.1416303487033.JavaMail.root@mail.cse.iitm.ac.in>
@ 2014-11-18  9:54 ` cprasad
From: cprasad @ 2014-11-18  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi,
	 I found a DRS patch for verison 2.4.8 in lanl.gov page and I have no idea if it is incorporated into the kernel. So I would like to know if Dynamic Right Sizing(DRS) is implemented in kernel.If so from which version of kernel was it implemented?

Thanks and regards,
Giri