netfilter-devel.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.29 released
@ 2016-03-16 20:40 Jozsef Kadlecsik
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik @ 2016-03-16 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter, netfilter-devel

Hi,

ipset 6.29 is released, because the configure script was broken and a
race condition was fixed in concurrent save-swap and then delete
operations.

Userspace changes:
  - Suppress unnecessary stderr in command loop for resize and list
  - Correction in comment test
  - Support chroot buildroots (reported by Jan Engelhardt)
  - Fix "configure" breakage due to pkg-config related changes
    (reported by Jan Engelhardt)
Kernel part changes:
  - Fix race condition in ipset save, swap and delete (Vishwanath Pai)

You can download the source code of ipset from:
        http://ipset.netfilter.org
        ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/ipset/
        git://git.netfilter.org/ipset.git

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@blackhole.kfki.hu, kadlecsik.jozsef@wigner.mta.hu
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.29 released
@ 2016-03-17  5:45 ` AllKind
From: AllKind @ 2016-03-17  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jozsef Kadlecsik, netfilter, netfilter-devel

On 16.03.2016 21:40, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ipset 6.29 is released, because the configure script was broken and a
> race condition was fixed in concurrent save-swap and then delete
> operations.
[...]

No more utils update? why?

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] ipset 6.29 released
@ 2016-03-17 13:00   ` Jozsef Kadlecsik
From: Jozsef Kadlecsik @ 2016-03-17 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: AllKind; +Cc: netfilter, netfilter-devel

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016, AllKind wrote:

> On 16.03.2016 21:40, Jozsef Kadlecsik wrote:
> >
> > ipset 6.29 is released, because the configure script was broken and a
> > race condition was fixed in concurrent save-swap and then delete
> > operations.
> [...]
>
> No more utils update? why?

I'm travelling with surprisingly bad network access and I was happy to
push out the release to solve the configure issue. Utils is not forgotten
:-)

Best regards,
Jozsef
-