openbmc.lists.ozlabs.org archive mirror
* TOF elections for 2024H1
@ 2024-01-15 20:45 Patrick Williams
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Patrick Williams @ 2024-01-15 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC List

Hello everyone,

It is that time again for TOF elections[1].  The current election roll-call
is available at:
    https://github.com/openbmc/tof-election/blob/main/2024H1/rollcall.json

For this half, we have 4 seats up for election.  Currently those are
held by Andrew J., Jason, Patrick, and William.

Nominations for those 4 seats may be sent to the mailing list by
replying to this email.  Only those eligible to vote may be nominated.

Disagreements with the roll-call (ie. your body of contributions are not
reflected in our current score system) may be petitions for inclusion
at https://github.com/openbmc/technical-oversight-forum/issues

1. https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/tof/membership-and-voting.md

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: TOF elections for 2024H1
@ 2024-01-15 20:47 ` Patrick Williams
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Patrick Williams @ 2024-01-15 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC List

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 02:45:23PM -0600, Patrick Williams wrote:

> For this half, we have 4 seats up for election.  Currently those are
> held by Andrew J., Jason, Patrick, and William.
>
> Nominations for those 4 seats may be sent to the mailing list by
> replying to this email.  Only those eligible to vote may be nominated.

I will self-nominate to continue serving on the TOF.

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: TOF elections for 2024H1
@ 2024-01-15 22:19 ` Andrew Jeffery
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Andrew Jeffery @ 2024-01-15 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams, OpenBMC List

On Mon, 2024-01-15 at 14:45 -0600, Patrick Williams wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> It is that time again for TOF elections[1].  The current election roll-call
> is available at:
>     https://github.com/openbmc/tof-election/blob/main/2024H1/rollcall.json
>
> For this half, we have 4 seats up for election.  Currently those are
> held by Andrew J., Jason, Patrick, and William.
>
> Nominations for those 4 seats may be sent to the mailing list by
> replying to this email.  Only those eligible to vote may be nominated.
>
> Disagreements with the roll-call (ie. your body of contributions are not
> reflected in our current score system) may be petitions for inclusion
> at https://github.com/openbmc/technical-oversight-forum/issues
>
> 1. https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/tof/membership-and-voting.md

I will nominate myself to continue on the TOF.

Andrew

* Re: TOF elections for 2024H1
@ 2024-01-17 10:32 ` Alexander Hansen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Alexander Hansen @ 2024-01-17 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: patrick; +Cc: openbmc

I (pointbazaar) nominate myself to join the TOF.

* RE: TOF elections for 2024H1
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-01-19  1:43 ` Ren, Zhikui
From: Ren, Zhikui @ 2024-01-19  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams, OpenBMC List

On Mon, 2024-01-15 at 14:45 -0600, Patrick Williams wrote:>
> Hello everyone,
>
> It is that time again for TOF elections[1].  The current election roll-call is
> available at:
>     https://github.com/openbmc/tof-election/blob/main/2024H1/rollcall.json
>
> For this half, we have 4 seats up for election.  Currently those are held by
> Andrew J., Jason, Patrick, and William.
>
> Nominations for those 4 seats may be sent to the mailing list by replying to this
> email.  Only those eligible to vote may be nominated.
>
> Disagreements with the roll-call (ie. your body of contributions are not reflected
> in our current score system) may be petitions for inclusion at
> https://github.com/openbmc/technical-oversight-forum/issues
>
> 1. https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/tof/membership-and-
> voting.md

I would like to nominate Jason Bills for the TOF.
Since the inception of the LF community,  Jason has been actively involved in the LF community as maintainer, reviewer, submitter and mentor etc.
He is well known and respected in the community. He has done a great job in OpenBMC TOF for the past term.
It would be great to have Jason continue to be TOF member.

Thanks,
Zhikui

* Re: TOF elections for 2024H1
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-01-30  2:18 ` William Kennington
From: William Kennington @ 2024-01-30  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams; +Cc: OpenBMC List

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 12:46 PM Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> It is that time again for TOF elections[1].  The current election roll-call
> is available at:
>     https://github.com/openbmc/tof-election/blob/main/2024H1/rollcall.json
>
> For this half, we have 4 seats up for election.  Currently those are
> held by Andrew J., Jason, Patrick, and William.

I self nominate myself to continue serving on the ToF

> Nominations for those 4 seats may be sent to the mailing list by
> replying to this email.  Only those eligible to vote may be nominated.
>
> Disagreements with the roll-call (ie. your body of contributions are not
> reflected in our current score system) may be petitions for inclusion
> at https://github.com/openbmc/technical-oversight-forum/issues
>
> 1. https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/tof/membership-and-voting.md
>
> --
> Patrick Williams

* Re: TOF elections for 2024H1
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2024-03-01  2:38 ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2024-03-01  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC List

Greetings,

For the TOF election this half, we had 5 qualified individuals nominated
and there are 4 seats expiring.  Therefore, we are going to hold our
first TOF election.

Per the TOF election rules[1]:
    - The election will begin on March 1st, 2024.
    - The election will conclude on March 7th, 2024 (*).
    - The election will be by Ranked Choice Voting of qualified OpenBMC
      developers.

For refreshment, you are considered "qualified" if your Github user ID
is found at the rollcall[2].

The 5 nominated developers are:
    * amboar - Andrew Jeffery
    * jmbills - Jason Bills
    * pointbazaar - Alexander Hansen
    * wak-google - William Kennington
    * williamspatrick - Patrick Williams

Since this will be our first election there may be some rough edges.
Please reach out either by email or in #tsc-and-tof in Discord if you
have trouble or concerns.

What I have done is written a tool `vote` at openbmc/tof-election[3]
that will help facilitate recording your vote for the election.  You are
expected to fork the Github repository, run the tool, commit the
resulting JSON file, and create a Pull-Request to submit your vote.

If you have the `gh` tool this would be as follows:
```
gh repo fork --clone openbmc/tof-election
cd tof-election
./vote --user <github-id>
# make your selections with 'vote N', 'save', 'quit'
git add 2024H1/votes/<github-id>.json
git commit -s -m "2024H1: <github-id>: add vote"
git push origin
gh pr create
```

If you don't use the `gh` tool hopefully you know the equivalent
git-commands / github webui operations.

(*) - Since the election rules do not specify a timezone for the
      election, please submit your vote/PR by 23:59:59 Samoa Standard
      Time (SST).

1. https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/tof/membership-and-voting.md#terms-and-elections
2. https://github.com/openbmc/tof-election/blob/main/2024H1/rollcall.json
3. https://github.com/openbmc/tof-election