* [LARTC] adsl on/off
@ 2004-02-02 11:19 Eddie
From: Eddie @ 2004-02-02 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Good day all
Now I'm from South-Africa,here we have adsl router/modems
You set the router to do the dialup and authentication and the set it as
your gateways box's gateway.Now sometimes the links gets drop and is off
for a while.Are there any way,for linux,my gateway of letting me now
that the link was/is down.Note that the box is not dialing so there is
no adsl-status.

What I NEED to do it be able to know if the link is down,and if the link
is down use a modem dialup and when the link get back up stop the
modem.Any Ideas
Thanks

* RE: [LARTC] adsl on/off
@ 2004-02-02 11:22 ` GoMi
From: GoMi @ 2004-02-02 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Read the Nano-howto, yo might find some info...Thats only for multipath
gateways, but... :)

@ 2004-02-03 17:47 ` andybr
From: andybr @ 2004-02-03 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hi,

Try to look in your modem userguide if it is capable to
do it.

[]'s
Anderson

> Good day all
> Now I'm from South-
Africa,here we have adsl router/modems
> You set the router to do the dialup and authentication
and the set it as
> your gateways box's gateway.Now sometimes the links get
s drop and is off
> for a while.Are there any way,for linux,my gateway of l
etting me now
> that the link was/is down.Note that the box is not dial
ing so there is
> no adsl-status.
>
> What I NEED to do it be able to know if the link is dow
n,and if the link
> is down use a modem dialup and when the link get back u
p stop the
> modem.Any Ideas
> Thanks

tp://lartc.org/