* [tpm2] TPM V2: kernel panic on linux reboot
@ 2021-01-12 10:39 florian.manoel
From: florian.manoel @ 2021-01-12 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

Hi tpm2 mailing list,

I'm new here, so I briefly introduce myself. I am Florian, working at Siemens in Germany.
I am currently on charge to implement a TPM V2 (Infineon slb9670, SPI connected) on our custom board, named 'LPE9403', equipped with an processor 64-bit ARM NXP LS1043a.

I already made some adjustment (defconfig in U-Boot and Linux, device tree, init code in U-Boot).
I have installed "tpm2-tools" using 'apt-get install'. I get to the point where the TPM is correctly detected and I can use some of the function like tpm2_getrandom().

However, when I execute the command 'reboot', it leads every time to a kernel panic. The logs seems to indicate that something went wrong with the shutdown of the TPM.

Can you provide me support to fix this issue ?

My config :
- Processor 64-bit ARM NXP LS1043a
- TPM V2 Infineon slb9670
- tpm2-tools: Version: 3.1.3-2
- linux kernel version: 4.19.144

I provide with this mail a zip archive 'debug_logs.zip' containing :
- 'linux_logs.txt' : logs from Linux startup + kernel panic on reboot
- 'uboot_logs.txt' : logs of the init commands in U-Boot
- 'lpe.dtsi' : extract of the device tree used for the TPM
- 'lpe_tfa_defconfig' : defconfig of U-boot
- 'lpe9403_defconfig' : defconfig of linux
- 'uboot_TPM_init_code.txt' : extract of the TPM init code in U-Boot
- 'tpm2-tool_version.txt' : version of the installed tpm2-tools

If needed, I can provide more information,
Thanks for your support.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Florian Manoël

Siemens AG
Digital Industries
Process Automation
DI PA DCP R&D 2
Östliche Rheinbrückenstr. 50
76187 Karlsruhe, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 721 667-20051
mailto:florian.manoel(a)siemens.com
www.siemens.com<https://siemens.com>
[cid:image001.gif(a)01D6E8D7.9D974EC0]
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Vorstand: Joe Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Klaus Helmrich, Cedrik Neike, Matthias Rebellius, Ralf P. Thomas, Judith Wiese; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322