* [tpm2] NXP i.MX8X security co-processor?
@ 2021-09-03 17:00 Andy Purcell
From: Andy Purcell @ 2021-09-03 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpm2

Hello,

This is my first email to this tpm2 group and hope this is the right forum.

I am investigating the security capabilities of NXP arm i.MX8X processor.
This arm processor has a "security co-processor" but not an actual hardware TPM.

I must determine if this chip, coupled with existing software (or minimal new software), can provide a software layer that functions like a real hardware TPM 2.0.

The implementation must
1.      Create a pair of asymmetric crypto keys (private, public)
a.      RSA 2048 bits (or better)
b.      Private key must exist in persisted secure storage - not visible, can never be exported
2.      Be used to create an acceptable Certificate Signing Request suitable to send to a CA.
3.      Provide a unique TPM Serial Number
4.      Provide any necessary attestation
5.      Run on Linux O/S

Any advice/suggestions?

AP