* [syzbot] riscv/fixes boot error: failed to read from qemu: EOF
@ 2023-11-28 17:41 ` syzbot
From: syzbot @ 2023-11-28 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aou, linux-kernel, linux-riscv, palmer, paul.walmsley, syzkaller-bugs

Hello,

syzbot found the following issue on:

HEAD commit:    3ca112b71f35 Merge tag 'probes-fixes-v6.7-rc1' of git://gi..
git tree:       git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git fixes
console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=172d3d0ce80000
kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=f4a49b764b9bf9b2
dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=2c2a76232878c44e0eae
compiler:       riscv64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 12.2.0-13) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
userspace arch: riscv64

Downloadable assets:
disk image (non-bootable): https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/a741b348759c/non_bootable_disk-3ca112b7.raw.xz
vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/8564c1899f29/vmlinux-3ca112b7.xz
kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/ee82a338dbc7/Image-3ca112b7.xz

IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: syzbot+2c2a76232878c44e0eae@syzkaller.appspotmail.com

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.

syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.

If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title

If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
(See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)

If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report

If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
#syz undup

From: syzbot @ 2023-11-28 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aou, linux-kernel, linux-riscv, palmer, paul.walmsley, syzkaller-bugs

[...]

* Re: [syzbot] riscv/fixes boot error: failed to read from qemu: EOF
@ 2023-12-06 13:26   ` Alexandre Ghiti
From: Alexandre Ghiti @ 2023-12-06 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: syzbot, aou, linux-kernel, linux-riscv, palmer, paul.walmsley,
	syzkaller-bugs

(messed up the reply all, so answer again here)

On 28/11/2023 18:41, syzbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> syzbot found the following issue on:
>
> HEAD commit:    3ca112b71f35 Merge tag 'probes-fixes-v6.7-rc1' of git://gi..
> git tree:       git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/riscv/linux.git fixes
> console output: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/log.txt?x=172d3d0ce80000
> kernel config:  https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=f4a49b764b9bf9b2
> dashboard link: https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=2c2a76232878c44e0eae
> compiler:       riscv64-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 12.2.0-13) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40
> userspace arch: riscv64
>
> Downloadable assets:
> disk image (non-bootable): https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/a741b348759c/non_bootable_disk-3ca112b7.raw.xz
> vmlinux: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/8564c1899f29/vmlinux-3ca112b7.xz
> kernel image: https://storage.googleapis.com/syzbot-assets/ee82a338dbc7/Image-3ca112b7.xz
>
> IMPORTANT: if you fix the issue, please add the following tag to the commit:
> Reported-by: syzbot+2c2a76232878c44e0eae@syzkaller.appspotmail.com
>

> ---
> This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
> syzbot engineers can be reached at syzkaller@googlegroups.com.
>
> syzbot will keep track of this issue. See:
> https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status for how to communicate with syzbot.
>
> If the report is already addressed, let syzbot know by replying with:
> #syz fix: exact-commit-title
>
> If you want to overwrite report's subsystems, reply with:
> #syz set subsystems: new-subsystem
> (See the list of subsystem names on the web dashboard)
>
> If the report is a duplicate of another one, reply with:
> #syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
>
> If you want to undo deduplication, reply with:
> #syz undup

The kernel fails to boot, I'm looking into that, my CI is has been
lagging behind recently, I'm catching up!

Thanks for the report,

Alex

From: Alexandre Ghiti @ 2023-12-06 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: syzbot, aou, linux-kernel, linux-riscv, palmer, paul.walmsley,