* [ath9k-devel] SW queuing stopped during transmissions
@ 2013-07-19  6:59 shinnazar
From: shinnazar @ 2013-07-19  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi all,

I want to keep the TX software queue always filled with frames.

But, according to my observations mac80211 stops queuing frames into SW
queue during the transmission.

However I couldn't find the point where should I dig in order to manipulate
the SW queuing for my purpose.

Any ideas?

Warm regards,

Shinnazar.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] SW queuing stopped during transmissions
@ 2013-07-19 15:56 ` shinnazar
From: shinnazar @ 2013-07-19 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

More details on these,

ieee80211_subif_start_xmit() function isn't receiving any frame from kernel
while the transmission is going on. This continues until block ack will be
received i.e., until ATH9K_INT_TX interrupt will be released. Because of
this, SW queue sometimes cannot provide the HW queue with necessary number
of frames.  I didn't understand what was the logic behind such a method for
implementation, but this feature causes significant performance degradation
under usual channel conditions.