* IGMP being blocked
@ 2002-06-13  9:53 Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2002-06-13  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: SE Linux

avc:  denied  { rawip_send } for  saddr=213.84.71.248 daddr=224.0.1.41
netif=ppp0 scontext=system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:netif_t tclass=netif

avc:  denied  { rawip_send } for  saddr=213.84.71.248 daddr=224.0.1.41
netif=ppp0 scontext=system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:node_t tclass=node

I am seeing the above in my logs regularly on a server that I have just
upgraded to the latest LSM with IPSec (which I have not enabled).

It seems that IGMP code is being run as unlabeled_t.

Any ideas on what to do with this?

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.

* Re: IGMP being blocked
@ 2002-06-13 12:06 ` Stephen Smalley
From: Stephen Smalley @ 2002-06-13 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Coker; +Cc: SE Linux

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Russell Coker wrote:

> avc:  denied  { rawip_send } for  saddr=213.84.71.248 daddr=224.0.1.41
> netif=ppp0 scontext=system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:netif_t tclass=netif
>
> avc:  denied  { rawip_send } for  saddr=213.84.71.248 daddr=224.0.1.41
> netif=ppp0 scontext=system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:node_t tclass=node
>
> I am seeing the above in my logs regularly on a server that I have just
> upgraded to the latest LSM with IPSec (which I have not enabled).
>
> It seems that IGMP code is being run as unlabeled_t.
>
> Any ideas on what to do with this?

I think that what is happening here is that the IGMP code is allocating a
skb and sending it without ever associating it with a sending socket.
Normally, a skb is initially tagged with the unlabeled SID upon allocation
and later tagged with a SID derived from the sending socket upon
skb_set_owner_w.  Notice that the IGMP code differs from the ICMP code,
which uses a kernel ICMP socket for sends.  I suppose that we could try to
detect these packets in selinux_ip_output_first and then assign them an
initial SID for IGMP traffic.

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--

@ 2002-06-13 12:23 ` Ed Street
From: Ed Street @ 2002-06-13 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Russell Coker', 'SE Linux'

Hello,

Yes this LOOKS like multicast addresses.  You can disable them by either
turning that feature off or adding a few lines of code

"$IPTABLES" -A INPUT -d 224.0.0.0/4 -J DROP

Would be interesting to see the log that iptables give in this case (to
further know what's going on here)

Ed

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.