From: Paul Durrant <xadimgnik@gmail.com>
To: "'Brian Marcotte'" <marcotte@panix.com>
Cc: 'Jules' <jules@ispire.me>,
	xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org, oleksandr_grytsov@epam.com,
	wl@xen.org
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] [Xen-devel] XEN Qdisk Ceph rbd support broken?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 08:13:55 +0100	[thread overview]

Brian,

  That's not entirely surprising as the BIOS is likely to be using an emulated device rather than a PV interface. Your issue stems
from the auto-creation code in xen-block:

https://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=hw/block/xen-block.c;hb=HEAD#l723

  The "aio:rbd:rbd/machine.disk0" string is generated by libxl and does look a little odd and will fool the parser there, but the
error you see after modifying the string appears to be because QEMU's QMP block device instantiation code is objecting to a missing
parameter. Older QEMUs circumvented that code which is almost certainly why you don't see the issue with versions 2 or 3.

  Paul