From: "Durrant, Paul" <pdurrant@amazon.co.uk>
To: Jules <jules@ispire.me>,
	"xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org" <xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org>
Cc: "oleksandr_grytsov@epam.com" <oleksandr_grytsov@epam.com>,
	"wl@xen.org" <wl@xen.org>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] XEN Qdisk Ceph rbd support broken?
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 08:53:16 +0000	[thread overview]

De-htmling...

---
From: Xen-devel <xen-devel-bounces@lists.xenproject.org> On Behalf Of Jules
Sent: 03 February 2020 17:35
To: xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org
Cc: oleksandr_grytsov@epam.com; wl@xen.org
Subject: [Xen-devel] XEN Qdisk Ceph rbd support broken?

Hey,

I don’t know if it was this or a previous change in qdisk driver, but can it be that remote Ceph RBD support is broken?
https://github.com/xen-project/xen/commit/8f486344a00652ed202ade43c02c96771812bf8c

Remote network Ceph image works fine with Xen 4.12.x with a config syntax like this:
disk = [ 'format=raw, vdev=xvda1, access=rw,backendtype=qdisk, target=rbd:<pool-Name>/<Image-Name>:id=<cephx-Id>‘ ]

In Xen 4.13.0 which I have tested recently it blames with the error message „no such file or directory“ as it would try accessing the image over filesystem instead of remote network image.
---

I doubt the issue is in xl/libxl; sounds more likely to be in QEMU. The PV block backend infrastructure in QEMU was changed between the 4.12 and 4.13 releases. Have you tried using an older QEMU with 4.13?

  Paul