* OpenBMC Installation
@ 2021-04-14  8:27 m10902803
From: m10902803 @ 2021-04-14  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hello,

I want to ask about the program. Are there still some bugs in it? I tried to
clone the repository and run it in QEMU.

I found that firmware update and network change using GUI always shown error
message.

My laptop is running in windows 10. And to run the OpenBMC, I'm using VM
with ubuntu 20.04.

Sincerely,

Muhamad Luthfi Mufadel

Department of Electronic and Computer Engineering

National Taiwan University of Science and Technology

* Re: OpenBMC Installation
@ 2021-04-15 13:08 ` Brad Bishop
From: Brad Bishop @ 2021-04-15 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m10902803; +Cc: openbmc

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 04:27:59PM +0800, m10902803@gapps.ntust.edu.tw wrote:
>Hello,
>

>I want to ask about the program.

Which program?  OpenBMC is an entire Linux distribution composed of
dozens of programs.

>Are there still some bugs in it?

Almost certainly :-)

>I tried to
>clone the repository and run it in QEMU.

Which QEMU target did you use?

>I found that firmware update and network change using GUI always shown error
>message.

What was the error message?

thx - brad

* RE: OpenBMC Installation
@ 2021-04-24  5:27   ` m10902803
From: m10902803 @ 2021-04-24  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Brad Bishop', openbmc

Hi,

>Which program?  OpenBMC is an entire Linux distribution composed of dozens
of programs.
I used OpenBMC repository to build Romulus image and QEMU to run it. I
follow the guide to run the OpenBMC with GUI

>Which QEMU target did you use?
I used Romulus image

>What was the error message?
When I update the network it says:
Network settings could not be saved
Or, when I try to update the firmware, it says:
Unable to upload image file

Regards,
Luthfi